Social networks have conquered the world (or at least a small part of it!) in recent years. As a successful creative freelancer, he risks being trampled by commotion unless he stands up and accepts all he has to offer.
Here is my list of why you need to make use of social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter:
1. To bring you admirers, fans and followers of your work.
two. As a source of inspiration for others in your field
3. For constant and regular free exposure
Four. To advertise events such as gallery shows in the real world
5. To establish a network of professionals who can support, inspire and teach you in your industry
6. To drive traffic to your site
7. Improved indexing of your site(s) and therefore your name in search engines.
8. To stay on top of your industry (what’s trending, what are other people saying?)
9. To build a good relationship and establish and build business relationships.
10 To keep in touch with old clients.
eleven To provide a market for your products (such as artists’ prints)
12 To raise the bar for your work, by allowing freelancers to share work with others (ie we want to showcase good work)
13 To spread referrals to and from others.
14 To facilitate direct marketing.
fifteen. By building a following, you increase your value (at least your perceived value) when potential customers see you.
And there you have it, although I think there are many other benefits of social media platforms to promote your work.