Throwing a party can be fun, exciting, and unfortunately expensive if your carpet and other finishes are damaged. From a red wine spill on your white carpet to ghastly pictures in the bathroom, it helps avoid trouble before your guests arrive.
There are several steps you can take to protect your home while also making your home attractive to guests. This checklist is just that: no two houses or owners are the same, so choose what might work for you!
- Ask guests to remove their shoes.: This will keep your rugs clean from dirt, snow, and grime that collect on the soles of your shoes. It will also show the original carpet as it is, without the lining. If you are operating home tours and showing, disposable shoe covers They are a great way to keep floors clean and show your commitment to cleanliness.
- Create a “Kids Area”: This will help keep little feet from running around the house to reduce the chance of spills. It also keeps noise down for other guests.
- Consider using a carpet protection film: Easy to use carpet mask can be used in a high traffic area of your carpet. This clear, sticky masking film protects carpets from spills and messes. If you don’t like the look of clear plastic on your rugs, rugs can also work in high-traffic areas. Carpet films make post-party cleanup quick and easy as they are quickly removed from clean carpet. Stairs are the most difficult carpet to clean, so using a carpet mask/film to prevent them from getting dirty in the first place is the best way to ensure your stairs are clean.
- Make certain areas “off limits”: There is no reason for guests to enter your master bedroom, bathrooms, or guest bedrooms unless they are invited. The fewer areas that are accessible to guests, the easier it is to keep your home clean.
- Provide small plates, napkins and coasters in various areas: This will help ensure that guests don’t walk in with that cheese sandwich dripping on their floors. Make it easy for guests to protect your home furnishings to reduce the chance of stains appearing on your sofa, coffee table, or rug.
- Provide extra trash receptacles: Making sure no one has to hold used paper plates or napkins for too long will help keep upholstery and floors clean and free up guests’ hands for more important things, like making sure your drink doesn’t spill. disposable and recyclable cardboard garbage boxes It can be used in many areas and covered with party decorations. A disposable trash can can not only collect garbage, but can be disposed of at the end of a party.
- Use toilet covers in private bathrooms: the plastic toilet covers They are a great way to remind your guests that this toilet is for “Owner Use Only” and that they should only use the toilets in the guest bathroom.
- Use door jamb protection: The caterer often needs to carry plates, serving carts, and food trays in and out of the kitchen area. Make it easy for them by giving them temporary door jamb protection which will prevent scratches and bumps on the door frames.
- Protect hardwood floors: use sticky, Surface coating steam Prayed clean and safe Floor protection to prevent scratches on wooden floors during deliveries. These hardwood floor protection products can also be used as runners in high-traffic areas of your beautiful hardwood floors.
- Clean up spills as soon as possibleTip: Before bed after the party, take a tour of your house and clean up any spills. Don’t let stains sit untreated for too long, as wine stains are much more difficult to remove the next morning.
Hosting a party can be fun and even better when you can relax knowing that your home’s protected finishes will continue to look great long after your guests have left. No need to stress, relax so you can be a great host and throw a memorable party.